There’s going to be a live online meetup on the topic “The Strengths and Challenges of Mobile Learning” next week. Here’s the brief info from Rob de Lorenzo’s The Mobile Learner blog:
- Who: All educators around the world interested in mobile learning;
- What: A conversation hosted as part of the Ontario Educator Meetup on the strengths and challenges of mobile learning;
- Where: In an Adobe Connect conference room – http://connect.tcdsb.org/ontmeetup
- When: Monday August 24th at 1:00 pm EST – click here for timezone conversions
- Why: While new ideas and teaching strategies in improving student learning are constantly being developed and discussed, technology is often left off of the table (or mentioned only in superficial ways) in general discussions and in traditional Professional Development forums. It’s time educators come together to discuss at how new technologies can be used to improve student learning and how to overcome the inevitable challenges associated with technology integration.
Worth checking out, although it may be a bit of an early start for me – it starts at 3am my local time. 😦 Also, the final call for late-breaking papers and posters for this year’s MLearn conference, to be held in Ontario, Florida. Late-breaking content is due on the 24th of August, so if you’ve got something to share, make sure you get it in soon. The conference itself will be held October 26-30: if you’re interested in mobile learning, it’s one of the two biggest international conferences on the subject (the other being Handheld Learning in the UK).