In a fortnight, the Mobile Learning blog (right here!) will be turning one year old! To celebrate, I’m giving away some free m-learning gear, and entry is open to anyone in the world (prizes include postage).
Up for grabs are five portable digital MP3/WMA player/recorders, each of which also includes FM radio and file storage (USB memory stick) capability. Using a built-in microphone, they record audio with noise reduction to compressed format, enabling them to hold up to 36 hours of recorded audio, and have a small LCD screen which can display embedded ID3 information (such as artist and track title) and even song lyrics (or the text of podcasts). Battery life is rated at approx. 10 hours of usage on a single AAA battery, and I’m including two batteries with each prize pack to get you started. iPod-style earbuds are also included in the prize pack, as well as a CD of drivers and software to use with your player.
Using a digital audio player exactly like this, you could create and deliver m-learning strategies such as these (jut for starters):
- record an audio podcast, and make it available via your blog or iTunes
- record a class or lecture, and make it available to your students via your organisation’s Online Learning System or web site
- download and listen to a podcast
- download an audio e-book or convert a CD e-book to mp3 and listen to it while you’re jogging, cooking, or just about anywere
- tune in to an informatiove FM radio program; you could even record it for later review or for sharing with others who may be interested in the material
- plug your player into a friend’s computer to give them a copy of any of your audio learning resources
- copy other files to your player to transport between desktop PCs or to share with other learners
- capture learner assessment, such as a client interview or an oral quiz, for later review by yourself or the learner
But hey, I won’t get offended or anything if you just want to use it to enjoy your music on the move. Entry is open to anyone around the world. But to win one of these players, you’ll have to Get Social:
- You’ll need an account in a “social web” (Web 2.0) site such as a blog, wiki, Flickr account, or MySpace page (to mention but a few of the thousands of options!). Only entries created and hosted using a social web site will be considered for a prize
- Create an entry or a piece of content that links to your favourite post here in the Mobile Learning Blog, and say why it’s your favourite. There are now over 200 posts here to choose from! I will give extra credit to creative or innovative entries; and to mobile-capable entries (such as podcasts or mobile web pages).
- When you’ve finished your entry, add a comment to this competition page with a link or URL to your entry (so I can find it!).
That’s it! Entries close 6th April 2007, and I will choose and announce the winners the following week. Good luck, and have fun getting social! If this competition gets a good response, I’ll post more competitions like this in future.
technorati tags:competition, giveaway, prize, freebie, free, stuff, mp3, player, audio, portable, digital, birthday, m-learning, mlearning, mobile learning, mobilelearning, mobile-learning, education, teaching, learning, music, clcommunity, gadgets, cool, training, teachers, students, university, universitites, social, web, web 2.0, web2.0, social web